In 2016 natur & ëmwelt Fondation Hëllef fir d'Natur opened the water experience center at the mill of Kalborn in the north of Luxembourg. School classes and younger children get the possibility to learn more about the complexity of the aquatic life.
The water experience center provides for kindergartens, primary and secondary schools:
- Excursions around and in the river Our to get to know different aquatic species
- Borrowing landing nets, buckets, bowls for catching of aquatic animals
- Visit the mussel hatchery, tours, film about the pearl mussel
- A teaching room (equipped with magnifying glasses, projector, whiteboard, determining images for aquatic wildlife)
- Natura 2000 room
- More options: Search beaver tracks, determine water plants, geology, river valley, and much more
Would you like to visit with your class the water experience center?
Date and accurate planning by arrangement:
nature & ëmwelt, 2 Kierchestrooss, L-9753 Heinerscheid,
Phone: 26 90 81 27-1
Kalborn mill (Kalbermillen), L-9758 Kalborn,
Phone: 26 90 89 50